Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year

I sort of hate the New Year. First of all, I can never remember the date until mid-March. Secondly, I feel pressured to make a change in my life, or to do something good for me. I always make resolutions, but I never make them public because I am not very good at following through with anything. This year, I decided to make one. I need to lose 10 pounds for a procedure. So I'm making it public. I'm losing that 10 pounds plus the leftovers I have from my pregnancy with Miles. I lost all the weight from my pregnancy with Amelia already, so I'm at a good starting point. I'm counting my calories and getting more serious about my running, because those 2 combined always work best for me.

I have been looking up recipes and I'm hoping to post the successful ones. Today I made Pumpkin Muffins and Spicy Taco Soup. Both are actually really yummy! I don't plan on being so ambitious every day, but Miles has a cold and won't eat much. One thing he never turns down is pumpkin bread, which I usually have in the freezer. But I knew if I made my Mom's recipe, I'd eat it (because I can't say no to pumpkin bread either, especially my mom's). He liked them, he ate three muffins today! He also ate a bowl of the soup, which is so good I am putting it in my usual rotation because you can't even tell it's low calorie, especially with some fat free sour cream and cilantro.

Hi Kelly! Thank you for being my most awesome blog follower! Haha!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My own personal shout out, LOVE IT! We have the same New Years resolution...eat better,run more...today is Day 5 and I haven't done either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we can keep each other motivated. I've run 3 days and started counting my calories on the 1st, but after a few weeks I'll need motivation. I keep track of everything I eat on an App called Lose It, which really seems to help.

    ReplyDelete